Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Why do I enjoy the event industry?

If you love putting together events, then I know that I don't have to say anything for you to understand. However, I have often been asked by people who cannot stand putting together events, how do I have such a passion for creating events?

I almost find it hard to put in words because the reasons can be so varying.

From a marketing perspective I enjoy taking products and companies off a screen or piece of paper, and even off the internet.  Creating a real experience for consumers that is tangible is an incredible opportunity to create true loyalty in a time where there is very little.  People remember experiences, people share experiences and being able to create experiences for people that creates a call to action for them to bring that to others is exhilarating.

Then I consider all the events I have done for charitable or city organizations.  Being able to give back through an event that creates a difference in someone's life is something that I take great pride in.  Bringing people together and really seeing how much people care and want to make an impact in this world is life changing.  It is also a hard feeling to understand until you have been to such an event and taken a moment to soak it all in.

Now although this doesn't always apply to my clothes, I simply enjoy gathering and organizing all the different aspects of events.  Seeing all the pieces come together and building something from nothing is exciting.  It is even something I enjoy so much that any event I am involved with, if it is a recurring event, I ensure that the files I create, and the systems I put in place will allow for everything to stay organized into the future.

If you have the same passion for events as I do, I would love to hear what it is that drives your passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share any comments or questions!